Design Structural Products
Design the best solutions for our customers.
PWI is a custom steel fabrication company who is seeking a fast learner who has a basic knowledge or strong interest in 3D modeling using AutoCAD, Inventor, SolidWorks or similar software.
- Working directly with salesmen and customers to design the best solutions possible using a combination of Inventor and other 3D CAD software.
- Visiting job sites as needed to take accurate measurements of existing structures.
- Creating detailed drawings for our fabrication and installation teams.
- Answering detailed questions about design, fabrication, and assembly.
- Maintain an accurate time card and meet attendance expectations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education or Experience
- A college degree is preferred. If GED minimum, you must have additional relevant experience.
- Experience using Inventor, SolidWorks, or other 3D modeling software is preferred
- Previous work history in construction, steel fabrication, and or manufacturing is preferred
- Experience creating thorough layouts, understanding what views, sections and details will clearly relay the model information to the fabrication and installation teams.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
May be asked to obtain certificates to aid in job responsibilities. Needed training will be provided.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Able to use a measuring tape and possess a basic understanding of blueprints, layouts, and views of 3D models.
- Demonstrated experience using email and Microsoft and Google suite products.
- Must be able to sit and work with a computer for long periods of time.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be asked to stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and use hands and fingers to handle or free objects.
- The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, and communicate with other employees both in person, while using a telephone, and through digital software.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Cognitive and Communication Abilities
- Able to perform basic math using money, weight, and distance measurements.
- Able to communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees in verbal and written forms.
- Willing to work on-site at PWI in Nappanee, Indiana
- Minimal travel may be required to obtain accurate measurements and meet with prospective customers.