Prevent and Diagnose Problems
Take Care of Customers Across the Country
- Work in a safe manner while displaying proper conduct and integrity at all times
- Perform maintenance, inspections, troubleshooting and repairs on all types of overhead cranes and hoists
- Document deficiencies and findings using Inspectall software
- Clearly communicate, review, make corrective recommendations of findings to the customer
- Build and maintain customer relationships by maintaining and providing good response times, communication, and quality repairs to our customers in a timely manner
- Read, understand, and apply OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, and PWI SOPs to your work
- Read, understand, and follow technical drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams
- Maintain company vehicles and uniforms in a clean and presentable manner
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or
ability required with training available as needed. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education or Experience
- Experience in industrial mechanical and electrical maintenance - 1+ year (preferred)
- Experienced troubleshooting industrial electrical - low voltage thru 3 phases: 1+
- Experience with VFD's is a plus.
- Experience with PLC’s and relay logic (Preferred)
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Possess or able to obtain hoist inspector certification
- Must have a valid driver’s license with good record and able to be insured by PWI
Other Skills & Abilities
- Able to pass a drug test and background check
- Able to use basic hand tools (screwdrivers, wire cutters, etc.)
- Basic MIG welding experience is a plus
- Experience using a tablet for web browsing and use of Microsoft Office and Excel
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand,
walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and use hands and fingers to handle or free
- The use of common hand tools and occasionally sharp tools are involved.
- Must be comfortable working at heights, in different conditions and environments.
- The employee frequently is required to talk, hear, and communicate with other
employees both in person and while using a telephone.
- The employee must be able to move and/or lift objects up to 50 pounds often.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision,
color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
Cognitive and Communication Abilities
- Able to perform basic math using money, weight, and distance measurements.
- Able to communicate and present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees in both verbal and written
forms of English.
- Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in
written, oral, or blueprint form.
- Willing to work on-site at PWI in Nappanee, Indiana
- Willingness to occasionally travel overnight or out of state (Preferred)